Whoop Whoop! Race day is almost here but before you can gallivant through foam, climb the world’s tallest inflatable slide, and trudge through mud pits, there’s a few things you need to know!
What to Bring
- Everyone participating needs a valid form of identification, even the kiddos! For you adults, this means driver’s license, state ID, or passport! Kids can use a school ID or a copy of their birth certificate. We can’t let you run if we don’t know who you are!
- The Waiver
- Make sure you print out, sign, and bring the waiver with you to the race. You can find it by going to your race location page and scrolling down to the waiver tab. Each and every person participating in Foam Fest (including spectators) needs a copy that is signed and brought on race day, even if you signed the online waiver! There is a charge at the race if you forget this, so mark it as “very important” on your to-do list.
- Money (Dolla Dolla Bills, Yo)
- Make sure you bring some cash! Parking is $10 per vehicle, so try and carpool if you can. Plus you might want some extra dough for merch, food, drinks, or our sweet festival obstacles after the race.
- A Change of Clothes, Towel, Plastic Bags
- You’re about to get filthy clean, but we don’t have dryers, so you’ll still be wet. You’re going to want a change of clothes and a towel to dry off for the ride home. Grab a plastic bag to put your muddy shoes and wet clothes in too!
- A Smile
- There will be photographers all over the race, so make sure you pack those pearly whites. Plus, it’s impossible to have a bad time with a smile on your face.
What NOT to bring
- Sharp Objects/Cleats
- A lot of our obstacles are inflatables, including the Death Drop you’re looking forward to, so they can pop! Because of this, we don’t allow cleats or sharp objects of any kind on the course. You can leave the diamond earrings at home, because you’ll look like a gem after you get filthy clean. Also, stash your keys at Gear Check, its free!
- You’re about to go on a muddy/wet adventure like the primitive era, you know, the one before cell phones, iPods, and MP3′s. While we wish technology was awesome enough to work everywhere, we won’t be responsible for any lost, damaged, or dirty electronics.
- We know ol’ Fido loves mud and foam as much as your do, but pets will not be permitted on the course or in the festival area, or pretty much anywhere at the 5k Foam Fest.
- Illegal Substances
- You shouldn’t bring these anywhere, especially not the 5k Foam Fest.
Like an airport, we gotta check you in, so be sure to come at least ONE HOUR early to avoid lines. If you are one of those chronically late people, tell yourself you need to be there 2 hours early.
What to Wear
We said “Adventure Run” right? Well folks let’s get adventurous! You will be running in foam, mud and water so you’ll want something that can get muddy, wet, and allows you the freedom to move and groove. Costumes are the coolest but if you’re wearing one, please test it out before race day, we don’t want you running in a costume that’s just not working for you. Also your team shirt design sounds awesome, but remember there will be kids and families, so keep it appropriate. Note: We know your cleats help you get through the mud, but due to the fact that many of our obstacles are inflatables, cleats will not be permitted.
Still have questions?
If you still have more questions on what to expect, visit our FAQ page at http://5kfoamfest.com/Home/FAQ!