We know what you’re thinking, how could the Foam Fest get any more fun? Well here are a few suggestions to make your awesome weekend, extremely awesome!
1) Bring your friends- What’s more fun than slip n’ sliding your way through a foamy obstacle course? Doing it with your friends! Even if they don’t run the race, we have an all new festival area for your biggest fans. Plus, as you get down and dirty, you’ll want someone there to have dry clothes and take pictures for you.
2) Make a weekend out of it- Did you know all of our venues have a host hotel you get a discount at through the 5k Foam Fest! If you’re coming from far away or just need to get out of the city for the weekend, grab some friends and stay at the hotel near the venue! Even better, you won’t have to clean your own shower after you wash off all the mud! You can find the host hotel by going here (http://www.5kfoamfest.com/Home/Locations then clicking on your venue, then lodging.
3) Come in costume- Halloween doesn’t have to be the only day of the year you get to dress up. Foam Fest is all about the crazy costumes. Last year we had everything from a wedding couple, to loofas and super heroes! What will we see you in this year?
Advice: Practice running in your costume and know how the fabric feels when it gets wet. You won’t want to be stuck on race day in a costume that is just not working for you.
4) Training- The 5K Foam Fest is for beginners and hard core runners alike, but it’s going to be a lot more fun if you start exercising before race day. Don’t get stuck in the mud (literally) on race day as you try to cross the treacherous mud pits or balance on the log roller. Get training and you are sure to do better on race day.
5) Take before and after pictures- A picture is worth a thousand words but having fun is worth a million! We want to see how foamtastically dirty you get, so take pictures before and after and post them on Instagram with the hashtag “#5kfoamchallengeCITYNAME”! We’ll pick one winner from each location to get free Foam Fest gear! *The city name will change depending on the city your event is in. Stay tuned on race day to find out your specific hashtag!
We know, it seems impossible to get even better, but using these tips you can make Foam Fest the highlight of your year! Can’t wait to see you there!